Emotional Support

The Student Union Advice Centre will be in touch within 24 hours and can refer you to a member of our Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing team if you need it. If you would like to speak to someone sooner, please call the  Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing team on 0161 247 3493.

External support
  • Citizens Advice: Provides some useful information on the different types of harassment and hate crime people may experience.
  • True Vision: Offers guidance on reporting hate crime and hate incidents. There is an online form for reporting hate crime and hate incidents to the police or you can report and remain anonymous.
  • Victim support: Supports anyone that has been affected by crime with confidential support to move beyond the impact of the crime.
  • Disability Equality NW: Raises awareness of Disability Hate Crime through a variety of initiatives and encourages reporting. 
  • Tell MAMA: A service that allows people to report incidents of Anti-Muslim abuse. They can also refer you to partner agencies for support.
  • Community Security Trust (CS): The CST has a dedicated team that deals with anti-Semitic incidents and provides victim support. You can also report anti-Semitic incidents to CST.
  • GALOP: Advice and support to PGBT people who have experienced hate crime, biphobia, homophobia, transphobia, sexual violence or domestic abuse. Telephone number: 0800 999 5428
  • LGBT Foundation support: A national charity delivering a wide range of services to lesbian, gay and bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities. As well as being a third party hate crime reporting centre, they also run a free monthly police advise surgery at the LGBT foundation, supporting with issues such as hate crime, domestic violence, bullying and homophobia. Telephone number: 0345 3 30 30 30 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened