Are you in immediate danger? 

In an emergency, call 999.

If you need immediate support from campus security call 0161 247 2222 or use the SafeZone App.

Please note, when you report an incident through Report + Support, the Student Union Advice Centre will contact you within 24 hours (excluding weekends). If you would like to speak to someone sooner, please contact the Student's Union Advice Centre directly on 0161 247 6533.

The Student Union Advice Centre is the Hate Crime Reporting Centre on campus, and they can support you to complete the formal report to the Police on the True Vision system. They can also offer advice regarding the submission of a formal complaint and guidance on other relevant issues such as exceptional factors and financial support. 

Formal complaints procedure:

If the incident has occurred with another student or member or staff and you would like to make a formal complaint, please use the University's Student Complaints Procedure. If you would like support, the Students' Union Advice Centre can guide you through this process.

Reporting to the police:
  • Call Greater Manchester Police on 101
  • Call the Manchester City Council Hate Crime Report Line on 08000 830 007
  • Report online to the police either anonymously or to have an officer contact you via the True Vision page
What True Vision says about anonymous reporting:

Reporting makes a difference – to you, your friends, and your community. By reporting hate crime when it happens, you can help stop it happening to someone else. You will also help the police to better understand the level of hate crime in your local area, and improve the way they respond to it.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened